Many options exist on how to get your child involved in competitive golf. No need to wait until your kid is an expert to get him/her excited about competing.
Join the PGA Jr. League
- League play in a two-person scramble format over 9 holes
- Divided into two age groups: U13 (13 and under) and U17 (14-17 years old)
- Over 60,000 kids are involved nationwide
Become a Member of the American Junior Golf Association
- The AJGA is regarded as one of the premier junior golf associations in the world.
- Its mission is to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
- Multiple membership levels depending on age and level of involvement
- Tournaments are performance based. The better you perform, the more tournaments you will qualify for.
- You earn AJGA performance stars at over 1,000 golf events worldwide.
- If your child is 12-15 years old, the AJGA Preview Tournament series are for those kids who have never previously played in AJGA tournaments. It's a great place for your child to start his competitive golf experience.
- The best 12-15 year old golfers will qualify for Junior All-Star series tournaments.
- The AJGA also assists with navigating through the process of playing golf in college.
Youth On Course
- Members can play golf at hundreds of participating courses across the country for $5 or less
- Receive an official NCGA Handicap Index!
- Apply for paid internships at member courses
- Become part of the Caddie development program
- Affiliated with the NCGA
Regional Junior Golf Competition Options
New England PGA Junior Tour:
- Sign up for one day golf events open to boys and girls ages 9-21
- Most events taking place in MA but also ME, RI and NH
- Both 9 and 18 hole options
- Prices range from $30 to $65
- Two-day events for 12-18 year old elite players are also available